Blogging for Fun Friday - 26 May 1962 Gosh where has the time gone, Blogging for Fun Friday (I realise I'm a tad late, Monday, but better late than never!)
This week's topic really appealed - looking back in time at what happened the year you were born. Best Movie, top 10 Song, how much petrol, milk, stamps cost. Anything else that was considered to be really interesting or exciting for the year and day.
Well doing a bit of research seems to bring up some uninspiring results, in that not a lot of auspicious happenings happened on this day worldwide, except of course my birth!! Now I am a Gemini and I was born in the year of the Tiger...watch out!
Now, as I am an online network marketer and I also have my own cleaning business here in Cairns, I also decided to look at what was happening in 1962 with regards to Network Marketing and Cleaning Services.
1962 - the network marketing industry was growing rapidly and during this time Mary Kay was established, good year for establishing a company! I must confess these products are good and I used them for many years. I don't now, mainly I think because the distributor I was purchasing from, stopped doing it. Network Marketing back then too was by party plan, direct selling, door to door, so we have moved on somewhat in that now we do it online, well some of us do, some still do the party plan; Tupperware, Avon, Mary Kay, Nutrimetics to name a few; but, what will our children's children be doing I wonder...from the moon? Do we really think that network marketing has changed that much? I don't, it's still a people business, people are still doing it the 'old' way, we've introduced a new medium, the internet, which opens up new opportunities, both good and bad.
Cleaning in the 60's...this is why women didn't work outside the family and home, they were too busy...using modern equipment! Thank goodness times have moved on and we now have an array of products that are efficient and helpful. I was in an applicance shop today, my dishwasher probably needs replacing and as you do I looked at all the other lovely things on offer, they have washing machine / dryers all in one now, I asked the guy if the ironed your clothes yet, he said, "this brand with the steam option, just about eleminates all need for ironing". Back in the 60's they were always producing lots of tips to help make us better housewives in case you needed it...aren't we pleased time has moved on, I think women of today would invest in 'clubs' should we be offered tips like these...
Tips for House Cleaning
Housecleaning can be a tough chore. You may find that you need a little help. If so, then consider these quick tips for cleaning your home...
- Vacuum often. While you could spend the whole day vacuuming, especially if you have children or pets, you probably don’t want to. Still you should vacuum each room in your home at least once a week and frequently used areas three to four times a week. That will keep dirt from getting stuck in the carpeting and wearing it out more quickly.
- Make a schedule for periodic jobs, such as cleaning baseboards and organizing cabinets. You may want to go through your cabinets every six months, for example, but you cannot remember the last time you did it. Schedule your cleaning time right alongside the doctor’s appointment and business meeting so that you won’t forget.
- Do it now! This phrase is the mantra of organizational gurus, who know that the key to keeping one’s home clean is to do every task as soon as it needs to be done. Putting that ice cream bowl in the sink now is much easier than putting three away tomorrow.
- Simple is better. Keep things simple, and cleaning will be easier. Stick to one illustrated book on your coffee table, for example, instead of an arrangement of figurines. The former will be easier to dust and keep tidy, making your job to clean, easy.
- If you haven’t used something in a year, throw it out. If you’ve looked at that green sweater in your closet and shrugged everyday this winter, you have moved passed the sweater. Just get rid of it, and you won’t have to worry about it anymore.
- 8. When you find a problem, fix it. Many people tend to just allow cleaning problems to build up. If you’re always tripping over the kids’ shoes when you come in, put a shoe rack at the front door. Move the cleaning supplies so they’re easier to reach. Put the broom in a better spot. Fixing problems can make cleaning go much more smoothly.
| || || |
Magazine Covers - 26 May 1962
| || |
The Jetsons, I Love Lucy - not that I remember them perse in 1962, I certainly remember growing up with these shows. The Bevelerly Hillbillies - fantastic memory lane...
Big Girls Don't Cry (The Four Seasons)
Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
Good Luck Charm (Elvis Presley)
Hey! Baby (Bruce Channel)
I Can't Stop Loving You (Ray Charles)
Peppermint Twist (Joey Dee & The Starliters)
Roses Are Red (Bobby Vinton)
Sheila (Tommy Roe)
Sherry (The Four Seasons)
Soldier Boy (The Shirelles)
Whatever happened to baby Jane
Adolf Eichmann (hanged)
August 5 - Marylin Monroe "Norma Jean Mortense" (overdose of sleeping pills)
November 7 - Eleanor Roosevelt (complications from tuberculosis)
Jan 17th 1962 - Jim Carrey
Feb 4th 1962 - Clint Black
Feb 5th 1962 - Jennifer Jason Leigh
Feb 7th 1962 - Garth Brooks
Feb 17th 1962 - Lou Diamond Phillips
Feb 27th 1962 - Adam Baldwin
March 2nd 1962 - Al Del Greco
March 2nd 1962 - Jon Bon Jovi
March 3rd 1962 - Herschel Walker
March 3rd 1962 - Jackie Joyner-Kersee
March 21st 1962 - Rosie O'Donnell
May 12th 1962 - Emilio Estevez
May 26th 1962 - Bobcat Goldthwait
June 13th 1962 - Ally Sheedy
July 3rd 1962 - Tom Cruise
July 15th 1962 - Brigitte Nielsen
July 31st 1962 - Wesley Snipes
Sept 26th 1962 - Melissa Sue Anderson
Oct 11th 1962 - Joan Cusack
Oct 13th 1962 - Jerry Rice
Oct 19th 1962 - Evander Holyfield
Nov 4th 1962 - Ralph Macchio
Nov 11th 1962 - Demi Moore
Nov 19th 1962 - Jodie Foster
So now that's over, what was happening in your neck of the woods on your day?
Cheers and have a great day, week, month, year and life!!