Friday, June 12, 2009

Cravings | Unhealthy Food made Healthy

Blogging for Fun Fridays, unhealthy foods made healthy!

Well this was a bit difficult for me as I eat a reasonably healthy diet. I'm allergic to chocolate, have been from a child. I do however crave Hot Cross Buns and Spicy Fruit Loaf. These two things are particularly difficult to make healthy, so I shall just leave these in the 'cravings' and 'treat food' bin.

What I can offer, is a healthy alternative to energy drinks. My favourite of all energy drinks is 'V' without the sugar, its bitter and really nice. It is expensive to drink all the time, the instant 'up' or 'buzz' you get is great, of course due to all that lovely caffine. The down side of course is when it wears off, I actually feel more tired than I did before I drank one to 'wake me up'.



The healthy alternative I have is Crave Energy Drink;


Simply mix one packet into approximately 1/2 - 1litre of pure water or whatever other beverage you prefer and drink slowly. You will love the taste and in just a few minutes you will feel the most incredible energy come over you. The energy will last about 4-6 hours on average.

No Headaches
Unlike the majority of energy drinks on the market Crave will not give you a headache. Crave is not loaded with large amounts of sugar (less than 1gram) or artificial sweeteners that causes headaches for many people..

Only 9 Calories

Calorie counting? And, who's not these days.....well with Crave you get only 9 calories per serving. What a way to count calories!

I also make for breakfast some mornings if I know I'm going to have a particularly hard day at work a;
Crave Banana Smoothie
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup of low fat plain yoghurt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 1 sachet of crave
  • handful of ice
Place all ingredients in a blender, blend till smooth. One delicious, healthy, power packed energy drink to set you off on your day.

I drink Crave daily, I take a 1.5litre drink bottle with only half a sachet of Crave, with me in to work and drink that all day. I have a cleaning business that I work myself, I find with Crave, it gives me the much needed energy that I need to see me through my day. I also drink just plain water as well to keep well hydrated.

Enjoy more energy today.
Julie McClelland

4 comments:

betchai said...

oh, the crave banana smoothie looks so great, i will try that too one of these days. like you, i also reasonably eat a healthy diet, but i do crave for chocolates sometimes :) but that one i can not modify.

Laura said...

I have never tried an energy drink. Maybe that is why I am so tired. But I do like smoothies and putting in the crave powder sounds appealing. I love chocolate and try only to eat the dark chocolate with high antioxidants. One block usually helps with any cravings.

Anne said...

I will have to try it. I can always use some more energy.

Joe Young said...

thanks for the post. I have never consumed energy drinks until now with Efusjon's energy drinks. You really put a nice post together here. Thanks for sharing.