The Four Temperaments - Colour to Success, Hmm...!
Have you ever wondered how one person can talk to 25 prospects and sign up 20 and another person can talk to those same people and struggle to get just one?
The one thing common to both situations is the person doing the talking. So what is the difference between someone who can attract 20 out of 25 and someone who can attract 1 out of 25?
Maybe the only difference is learning and knowing your prospects 'colour' personality!
- Yellow / Phlegmatic / Open and Indirect = 35% population
- Blue / Sanguine / Open and Direct = 15% population
- Green / Malencholy / Self contained and Indirect = 35% population
- Red / Choleric / Self contained and Direct= 15% population
A rather descriptive interpretation from Wikipedia of the '4 Humours/Personalities';
- Sanguine indicates the personality of an individual with the temperament of blood, Night, the seasonof spring(wet and hot), and the of air. A person who is sanguine is generally light-hearted, funloving, a people person, loves to entertain, spontaneous, and confident. However they can be arrogant, cocky, and indulgent. He/She can be day-dreamy and off-task to the point of not accomplishing anything and can be impulsive, possibly acting on whims in an unpredictable fashion. This also describes the manicphase of a bipolar disorder. The humour of Sanguine is usually treated with leeches.
- Choleric corresponds to the fluid of yellow bile, the season of summer (dry and hot), and the element of fire. A person who is choleric is a doer and a leader. They have a lot of ambition, energy and passion and try to instill it in others. They can dominate people of other temperaments, especially phlegmatic types. Many great charismatic military and political figures were cholerics. On the negative side, they are easily angered or bad-tempered.
- Melancholic is the personality of an individual characterized by black bile (hence Greekmelas, "black", + χολή, kholé, "bile"); a person who is a thoughtful ponderer has a melancholic disposition. Often very kind and considerate, melancholics can be highly creative – as in poetry and art - but also can become overly pre-occupied with the tragedy and cruelty fall /autumn (dry and cold) and the element earth. A melancholic is also often a perfectionist, being very particular about what they want and how they want it in some cases. This often results in being unsatisfied with one's own artistic or creative works and always pointing out to themselves what could and should be improved.
- Phlegmatic person is calm and unemotional.Phlegmatic means "pertaining to phlegm", corresponds to the season of winter (wet and cold), and connotes the element of water. While phlegmatics are generally self-content and kind, their shy personality can often inhibit enthusiasm in others and make themselves lazy and resistant to change. They are very consistent, relaxed, rational, curious, and observant, making them good administrators and diplomats. Like the sanguine personality, the phlegmatic has many friends. However the phlegmatic is more reliable and compassionate; these characteristics typically make the phlegmatic a more dependable friend.
I'm a Teal mixture of blue and green. Most of us have all the colours in us, but we are predominately one colour - except those of course that like to be Unique!
Would you like to know and learn more to discover what and why you need to know what colour you are and your 'prospects' even your friends and family (that could be fun too!)
Below is another descriptive way - lending more towards today's world - of the 'four personalities / four humors'.
To your Success